Monday, May 26, 2008

Lend A Helping Hand

Hello Everyone,
I just want to share a brief invitation, perhaps even a challenge, for all of you. Taylor & I recently met a homeless couple that we have been helping out. We actually met them through my father because he found them sleeping on the church grounds where he works. My dad then introduced them to Taylor who allowed the guy (Rick) to work with him almost everyday to earn some money. Anyhow, the couple is not married but they have a child on the way (in about 3 months). Rick has recently given his life to the Lord. He has repented of his ways and felt called to turn himself over to the authorities for the things of his past. During the couple of months that he was in jail, all of his housing bills were not getting paid which resulted in him coming back to house that he could not live in due to nonpayment. So, as of February he has been living on the streets with his pregnant girlfriend (who he does plan on marrying). He has been working with Taylor for about 2 weeks now. And as of today (Thursday 5/22) they will be staying at our apartment for a couple of days.

Now, that I have given you a little background, here is the invitation that I extend to you. I invite you to seek God's guidance in helping to get this couple back in their home. The debt that has accrued while Rick was in jail was just over $1,600 and I am inviting you to join with Taylor & I as we work towards helping this couple back in their home. We are asking if you would be willing to graciously give of your finances to help this couple get back on their feet. Any little bit that you could contribute would be more than appreciated by them. In addition, if you know of any services that would be beneficial to this couple while they are still homeless, that would also be appreciated. Any little amount that you would be willing to spare would be more than a blessing to them.

If you feel led to give to them, please send any money (CASH would probably be easiest since they are homeless and have no bank account. Although if you feel more comfortable writing a check to Taylor & Me that is also an option.) to the following address:

Rick & Cassandra
C/O: Terecita Heppenstall
P.O. Box 1712
Redlands, CA 92373

If you have any questions, please feel free to call me or email at anytime and I would be more than happy to answer any questions (if I can):

Home #: 909-798-5547
Cell: 909-528-1712
Email: tntheppy@gmail.com


Much Love To You All!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you guys as you take on such a large responsibility and I know that the Lord will provide...he always does!