Saturday, February 28, 2009

Being A Single Mom

So, Taylor has officially been in Texas for two weeks. I have gotten just a small dose of what it would be like to be a single mom. I must say that I am truly exhausted. I never get a break. And I know that I will deal with it because it is only for two weeks. To me that seems like a really long time but in reality it's not. I am definitely left in awe of anyone who is a single parent. That is just such a HUGE responsibility and committment. I, at least, got to do with a 9-year old who I could send to school and who could keep himself occupied with LEGOs. For those parents that have younger children who need constant attention, I am thoroughly impressed. I don't know what I would do if I had to be a single paretn.

I just wanted to say that I have much admiration for ALL the wonderful single parents out there and also that I can't wait for Taylor to come home tomorrow so I can actually have a moment of a break. Single parents are AMAZING!!

1 comment:

Heather Hekman said...

I have a lot of respect for single parents, too, and pray for the ones in my life often! I'm glad you made it through your two weeks with more appreciation and gratitude.:)