Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Birthday

So, yesterday was my birthday. Most of this day was pretty rough until my little birthday gathering. In the morning Tyler was having a huge fit because he was tired in the morning and didn't want to get up. That was a result of him having TONS of homework because of his HORRIBLE behavior at school on Monday. Then during the day Taylor and I did a lot of running around meeting with social workers and such. Then after school, Tyler and I went to his therapy session, where Tyler was absolutely disrespectful to me and his therapist. Then after therapy Tyler was having a huge attitude refusing to do his homework (massive amounts leftover from Monday and still continuing today). So, I then had to make Tyler take a shower SUPER early and sit through our basketball practice (I'm his coach for Upward Basketball at Immanuel Baptist Church) in his pajamas just doing his homework and not participating in his practice. After we got home from practice (6:15) I had Tyler eat and then go straight to bed (6:30). He cried and screamed for a little while but thankfully stopped before any of my friends came over for my birthday game night party.

So, then that's when my birthday gets better. I had a few friends come over which included Ms. Grace, Ms. Veronica, Mr. & Mrs. Becker, and Mr. & Mrs. McCormick. Now, if it was not for these people coming over, I really would have had one of my worst birthdays. I was extremely upset with Tyler and I almost cancelled the party but once they showed up I felt much better. We played this game that is basically mix between Pictionary and Telephone. We shall it Pictephone. Anyhow, it was hilarious. You basically start out with everyone writing a phrase or saying or whatever. Everyone passes their stack of papers to the left and then you have to draw what the phrase that the other person wrote. Then the next person has to interpret your drawing and write the phrase that they think that you drew. And then so on and so on. Here a couple of pictures that were drawn. The first one is supposed to be "Born in the U.S.A." and the second one is supposed to be "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water." They got pretty funny after a while.

This picture was interpreted as "I'm having a baby"


This picture was interpreted as "Don't throw out the baby with the bath tub water" "(Good Job Matt!!)

Here are some pics of us at the party (more like a small gathering) We had a good time and my friends being there really made my birthday good.

Me and Bobbi. She's awesome! As a matter of fact I wouldn't even have this picture if she didn't bring her camera cause I was a lame-o and only took a couple of pics. She is one of the most amazing people I know and I truly feel blessed to know her.

Here is Mr. and Mrs. Becker (Beth and Derek). Derek was working really hard on the Pictephone game. Everyone thought it was hilarious.

This is Grace & Veronica. Grace and I have been celebrating birthdays together for 11 years!! Mine is Jan. 13 (yesterday) and hers in Jan. 14 (today). All three of us went to high school together but I did not hang out with Veronica until after high school as we became friends through Grace. Man I was totally missing out on her friendship in high school. She is SO cool and everything is always funny to her so she thought this game was HILARIOUS!!!

Everyone was so gracious with their gifts. I truly am blessed. This was from my hubby. He made this flower arrangement for me. I hope it doesn't die cause I'm not too good with taking care of plants.
So, that was my birthday. We almost played a game of Cut-Throat Uno (mostly for Grace because she is so competitive and Pictephone is not a game where somebody acutally wins) but everybody had to get up early so we talked for a bit and called it a night. I kinda wanted to hang out more but when I got up this morning I was definitely thankful that I didn't stay up any later than I did. So, all in all, I had a truly blessed birthday! Thank you to everyone that made that happen!!

1 comment:

Heather Hekman said...

Birthdays definitely change with children. I am glad you were able to enjoy yourself with your friends. Mike's family calls pictephone "Behold the Lamb" because of a funny sketch. Very fun. What a beautiful gift from Taylor!