Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Tyler's Birthday

So, yesterday (Jan. 6) was Tyler's birthday. We decided to have a little get together in honor of it. We weren't sure if we were going to do it at first (at least not actually on the 6th) because it was a school night and the absolute earliest that we could do it was 6:30 because we had our first basketball practice that did not end until 6:00pm. So, we had to rush back and get everything together before anyone else showed up. But everything turned out fine. My parents told me that they would barbecue some hamburgers and hot dogs and bring them over so that i wouldn't have to worry about making/getting any food. And we had chips and sodas... and of course a birthday cake, which I made! :-) Here are a couple of pics from the party. I would have took more but the batteries in my camera died very early in the evening. (** Sidenote: Do not buy batteries from the 99 cent store. They don't last for very long. **)

Here's a pic of the cake that I made. You would not believe how much it hurts your hands when you write on someone's cake!!
Here's a couple of the presents I wrapped. Just wanted to share that cause sometimes I love to wrap presents (when they are perfect squares or rectangles - NO odd shapes) more than gift bags.
Here's a couple of gifts that Tyler got. The first one is a scarf that my mom made for him which I thought was pretty cool. The second one is a "Learn to Speak Spanish Kit" - Can you believe that he actually asked for this for Christmas? The third one is a NERF crossbow (I was definitely not thrilled to see that when he opened it) that he probably won't ever get to use because he has not learned yet not to point it at people. He also got some clothes, a soccer ball, a football, a Lakers jersey, some books, a board game and a few other things. I got all the boring stuff since I knew other people were getting the toys and stuff.
And this is a picture of our friend's daughter, Jasmine. She's 2 years old. All the kids were playing in Tyler's room and when we called them all to eat, somehow she got left behind. Well, while she was by herself she got in to Tyler's markers and did this to her face. :-)
And that's a glimpse of Tyler's birthday! Have a great day everyone! :-)

No comments: