Friday, September 26, 2008

Tyler's First Concert

So, I took Tyler to his first concert last night and can you guess who we went to go see... BarlowGirl!

I don't know if that would be a weird first concert for an 8-year old boy but he absolutely loved it. He was rocking out! And I completely enjoyed it. The band is not only singing great songs but the speak the truth of the Lord. Their concerts are not just concerts... they are live testimonies of their relationship with God. They play songs they wrote, they play worship songs, they share about ministries that they are supporting, they read scriptures, they have an altar call those that want to give their lives to Christ and those that need prayer. I think that Tyler did not listen to the words to the songs too much since he was so busy being the air-guitarist for the band but he did recognize some songs he heard on the radio and he did sing along with the worship songs he knew. Overall, I think it was a great experience. Below are a couple of pictures of us at the concert and a video of Tyler rockin' out on the air guitar. I apologize as the video is kind of dark.






Our next concert is supposed be tonight in Irvine. We are suppsed to see Third Day, Jars of Clay, and Switchfoot. It all depends on his behavior and how much homework Tyler has. So, we shall see.... But an overall great first concert experience. Yay!!

1 comment:

T said...

Oh my good gosh!!! That is one of the most hilarious and cutest things I have ever seen!

But, I feel like a failure. I was their leison person, taking them to the hotel, etc. I was going to call you but I was so busy, I forgot. I hope you stayed afterwards and got to meet them, etc. If you want, I got great pictures and I could make him a frame with them.

Soo glad he has you in his life!!!